On June 19, 2012, Multimedia Development Corporation Sdn.Bhd. (MDEC) and MSC Malaysia arranged the Workshop in preparation to the Malaysian technopreneurs who will have the Specialized Marketing Mission to Thailand in July 2012.
MDEC invited Mr. Sethaphong Phadungpisuth, Managing Director of Gnosis Company Limited based in Bangkok, and his business partner, Mr. Lim Chor Ghee, a Malaysian consultant and a Group partner of VIETVALUES Audit & Consulting Group based in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, to present the Doing Business in Thailand, including the following topic;
1. ICT Landscape and Opportunities for Malaysian Companies in Thailand
2. Opportunities in Specific Subsectors:
- Banking and Financial Services Industry
- Mobile contents and applications
- Enterprise applications
3. Possible Market Entry Modes and Business Structures for doing business in Thailand:
- Exporting products and services to Thailand clients or distributors
- Establishing a Representative office
- Joint Ventures with Thai or other foreign companies
- Setting up a 100% Malaysian owned company in Thailand
4. Legal, tax and profit repatriation matters
5. Business environment, social and cultural norms and business practices
6. The cost of doing business in Thailand
7. Working with customers and suppliers
8. Managing Human Resources
Sethaphong Phadungpisuth is speaking the Human Resource management in Thailand.
The workshop was divided into 2 sessions, a Presentation session and a One-on-One session, which was for specific guidance and advisory for the delegates who intend having businesses in Thailand.
Mr. Sethaphong Phadungpisuth will also be in the position to guide MSC companies during the Specialized ICT mission to Bangkok on July 3-5, 2012.
Note: MDEC directs and oversees Malaysia’s National ICT (Information & Communication Technology) Initiative, the MSC Malaysia(formerly known as the Multimedia Super Corridor in Malaysia)